Wednesday, August 10, 2011
25 Random Questions with @Jubilance1922
At some point the worlds have become so intertwined that you cannot remember if you met someone by visiting their blog, or following them on Twitter. Either way, I think all y'all should follow her blog and her on Twitter. My personal favorite is the QOD, that's always interesting. Personally, what I do is I search her mentions on Tweetdeck and then I can see what everyone else has to say. Heck, if you're a blogger like me, you might get some fresh new ideas for a post. If you're just tweeting to tweet, you'll at least have some entertainment. I'm back with another installment of the 25 Random Questions, with none other than @Jubilance1922 from BlackGirlUnlost.com. (As usual, my comments are in Italics.)
1. Tell me about yourself.
Well let's see....Its kinda weird to just ramble off things about myself. I'm 29, currently living in Minneapolis by way of Orlando, Atlanta, and MI. I'm a stereotypical Cancer - emotional, very loyal, and always trying to take care of ppl. Oh and I'm a blogger, check me out at: http://www.blackgirlunlost.com
2. What’s your favorite movie?
EVER??? Top 5 is Carmen Jones, V for Vendetta, The Last Emperor, The Women and Boomerang.
(The answer of a person's favorite movie is ever changing. I thought Friday was my favorite movie, until I saw Varisty Blues, until I saw The Wash, until I saw Memento, and until I saw ATL. It's a natural progression that i'm not sure we'll ever reach any type of Nirvana.)
3. As a child, what was your favorite thing to do during recess?
Play on the swings or a good game of 4-square.
4. Have you ever second guessed yourself? Tell me about it.
I second-guess myself a lot. I have a strong aversion to fucking up, but at the same time, I tend to make decisions quickly. So I'll make a decision and then worry that I fucked up. Right now I'm in the middle of a career change and I have spent months wondering if I was really ready to give up my career considering all the time, $$$, blood, sweat and tears that I put into it, but events this year have shown me that I'm doing the right thing.
(I always notice something about the people who say, "blood, sweat and tears." It's not something you hear from just anybody.)
5. Peanut Butter. Chunky or Creamy?
Creamy...chunky peanut butter is just weird.
6. Middle of the night or Morning sex?
I'll take both.
(Give an inch, take a mile, sigh.)
7. When you hold hands with a guy do you lock fingers?
Yup! It feels weird when a guy holds my hand and we don't lock fingers.
8. Do you prefer to wear heels or sneakers?
I really wanna say heels for some womanly street cred...but sneakers just feel better.
9. Will you watch baseball with your man, and iron out a quickie during the seventh inning stretch?
We can do the quickie, but I'll probably be reading a book while he's watching the game...baseball is boring unless you're in the ballpark, and even then I only go for the food and the eye candy.
10. Do you ever feel like you want to move to get away from family, or are you a family person to the heart?
I haven't lived in the same state as my family since I was 18. At one point I lived about 1,500 miles from them. I love them and I talk to them regularly and visit a lot, but I couldn't live in my hometown or even my home state.
11. What’s the most uncomfortable thing you’ve ever had to tell a man?
That I chose someone else over him. It sucked and it didnt go so well.
(I was on the other side of this one time. A girl chose me and had to tell her man. I might have felt bad myself. This situation backfired on me later though...)
12. Are you a dark or light liquor girl?
Light - Ketel One all the way.
(Most has me drinking this now all the time.)
13. If you hadn’t voted for Obama, who would you have voted for?
Originally John Edwards was my guy in the primary.
14. What’s the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
My nieces and nephew - they are the most beautiful children you've ever seen. :-)
15. You’re tired after a long day but your man is horny. The cooch or the smooch?
I'd probably let him get a quickie in and be done.
(You and this quickie thing is starting to concern me. How long is a quickie?)
16. Best gift you’ve ever received? Given?
Hmmm... this is a hard one... (That's what she said.) Best gift I've received was a home entertainment center from an ex - that got a lot of use. Best gift I've given was a romantic dinner and a suite for an ex.
(Have you ever been told you think like a man? I feel like men are the ones who typically say "got a lot of use." A man's favorite gift ever received could be a shaving kit or duffle bag.)
17. Hair pulled or ass smacked?
I'll take both.
(Give a mile, take ten... sigh.)
18. What’s the nastiest thing you’ve ever done in bed?
I let a one-nighter choke me and manhandle me and I loved it so much it became a two-nighter.
19. Big, small or not at all wedding?
Small, destination or Vegas to be exact.
20. How do you feel about Kobe Bryant?
21. If I paid you, would you strip in my living room for a living?
I'm looking for a new job anyway, so how much is this gig paying and does it have any benefits? ;-)
22. In high school, where did you see yourself in life?
I planned to be a VP of R&D for a Fortune 500 company, with a couple of kids and a successful husband.
23. What’s your favorite thing to do for your man?
I'm a big nurturer so I love to take care of my man. Cook for him (including making his plate), giving him a bath, massage, all of that. Whatever he needs, I love to be there and just take care of him.
24. Where do you see yourself in five years?
Happy and successful. That's all I got. What it looks like, I have no idea.. But I know the Universe has great things headed my way and I'm ready and grateful.
25. What are your words to live by?
My personal mantra - "I love life and I am changing in a positive way. I live fully and freely in the Now, getting from life and the Universe exactly what I give to it. I am grateful and happy to be alive, and I express health, happiness, prosperity and peace of mind."
(I dig this. This is cold.)
My fave quote -"Truth cannot live in those whose heart is not free" - John Coltrane
(Thanks Jubilance. Until next time, Life is Good, God is Good.)