Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dr. J’s Top 10 Favorite Photos of All Time

The guys over at The Lower Frequency inspired me to do a post with more of a Dr. J spin. Now a lot of these are subject to change, but I had to share what pictures I continue to look at a long time after seeing them for the first time. I would print them out and hang them up in the crib, but in reality, I prefer that they stay on my laptop in my “98 Taxes” folder.


10. Man Tries to Open Condom with his Teeth – This picture pretty much sums up my college experience. This was my first picture that I uploaded to Facebook when I joined. I still find this picture to be hilarious to this day.


9. Kanye West Artwork in Head – This signified the moment when Kanye went viral. His creativity validated with the Grammy awards, right after this Kanye went viral. People started to really put Kanye in the conversation of the Top Hip Hop Artists. This was a great moment for me because Kanye is my second favorite artist.

8. Lauren London in the Frontin’ Video – As I watched this video I realized that I had a problem. I watched this video with a few of my friends, it was a mixed crowd. While most people said, “That’s so cool. Pharrell has that pretty dark skinned girl in the video.” Allegedly, this rarely ever happens. But while they were talking about that, I was thinking to myself, “Who is that light skin chick?”


7. Farrah Fawcett – Back in the day men used to have posters up of their favorite women. Well, there’s a picture of Marilyn Monroe that’s pretty infamous because of its appearance in the first issue of Playboy, but then there’s this picture of Farrah Fawcett. The reason why this picture is important is because it was one of the first times in America that you began to see Black men cosign on white women … and everybody didn’t get mad about it.

6. Lil’ Kim Poster – Along the same lines, pretty much every dude in the hood had this poster. You might have had to go to the Sam Goody to get it too. And you may or may not have been told to take it down by your mother several time. So for me, I did what any self-respecting dude would do. I put it on the back of my door.


5. Rosa Acosta in a Sauna – Dark hair, unbelievable abs, and sweating. I knew when I saw this picture that Rosa Acosta was going to change the game. I looked at her and I understand why women of other races do NOT like Rosa Acosta. Hell, I know Dominicans who do not like Rosa Acosta. I didn’t care though, I love this picture and Rosa Acosta.


4. Suelyn in the Dead Sea – Artistic picture of one of my favorite models. I love all things Suelyn. I had this picture up on my laptop for about a month. You can’t find it anymore either, she took it down. But this let me know that not only was Suelyn beautiful, she was also creative.


3. Cam’ron tells Bill O’Reilly, “You Mad!” – This is the best picture to send to a friend when they are ranting, or to send to a listserv when one of your friends has sent a dissertation in reply to a topic he feels strongly about. The best use of this email was when I sent this picture to a coworker while in a meeting. It was the only thing I could do. I was literally witnessing an Angry Black Woman in action. She refused to lose the argument.


2. Kanye West and Amber Rose Arrive at the VMA’s – I love Kanye West for this picture. This is a perfect representation of everything that’s worth doing in life. What did I tell you about what Prince taught me? Always show up drunk. Also, Amber Rose’s body in that cat suit is tasty.


1. Stacey Dash Poses for Playboy – The day these pictures hit the internet they were sent to every man in America. She’s just not supposed to be able to look that good at her age. But she does! These pictures are still with many of us men today. They are in that folder on our cell phone called “98 Taxes.” I’m telling you at the time these pictures came out my boy was in the hospital. I didn’t go visit because I can’t do hospitals, but I made sure to include a Playboy Magazine in the care package. When I would later see my boy the first thing he said to me was, “Thank you, that really meant a lot to me. My wife tried to take it, but I wouldn’t let her. But that meant the most to me.” (This was the only picture I edited, for good reason too.)

6 comments:

redlady821 said...

this post was cute and Sooo Dr. Jish. Thanks for making me smile this morning.

max said...

The Suelyn picture is the background on my phone. I look at it and it takes me to a happy place.

SaneN85 said...

I'm glad you included the FF poster, shows your range.

Both the Rosa Acosta and Stacey Dash pictures threaten to bring out my jealousy at how hot these women are. Then I remembered that I appreciate female beauty and can use it as motivation and I'm all good again.

Dee said...

Rosa Rosa Rosa...makes my last name look good!

Dr. J said...

@Dee - You don't think that thing about you makes me so happy to say your whole ... well shortened name.

Anonymous said...

A cosign on 10, 7 and 1. Why? Because I want to. And nice layout. It definitely goes with your "Morning Mail" thing you got going on.