Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Morning Mail - 3.1.11

Stanley Motss: The President will be a hero. He brought peace.
Conrad 'Connie' Brean: But there was never a war.
Stanley Motss: All the greater accomplishment.

(Source: Wag The Dog)

Here’s the situation. America has a struggling economy, unemployment is high and we are in a recession, that’s probably a depression, but no one is saying that because a small percentage of Americans. Those with internet access, jobs and wealth are the only ones reporting so of course they ignore that the amount of people in our country in poverty is rising.

Here’s how it gets complicated, America is considering sending troops to Libya to assist in the liberation and freedom of a people who is fed up with their dictator.

So what’s the priority? The American economy or our humanitarian efforts. I’ll tell you how this is going to play out because it’s quite easy to see. The second gas goes sky high because we start messing with the countries holding the oil, that’s the second someone loses their job or can’t make their mortgage payment. After that happens all bets are off for Obama and this administration. One of the biggest weaknesses of the Fenty administration in Washington, DC was that he tried to do everything. Obama has that same weakness, he tries to do everything. I don’t think that it’s possible that our country can have a presence in Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya. And oh yeah, if our government shuts down on Friday, there’s a BIG CHANCE that we go to war the next week when our military is displaced and we are defaulting on debt. What will we do then?

You have to ask yourself what are our priorities right now. But more importantly, are we still blaming Bush for this mess? I’m not sure. I think Bush contributed, but it just seems like we’ve got a great man with not a lot of experience at running a country. And that’s what we have in Obama. No shots at the man because like I said, I think he’s a great man, but when he leaves office, (hopefully not in 2012), people won’t say, Obama got screwed because of Bush. They will look at what happened from 2008-2016 and judge our progress as a country. I don’t want to lose American jobs, but Americans are fickle. We don’t want to fight wars over oil, but we don’t want to help people who are in need. We want to complain constantly, rarely do anything to help the cause, and then accept none of the fault for the decisions that our elected officials make on our behalf.

I bring this to the attention of my readers because I think our country is at a turning point. We can either send ourselves into a period of chaos, or a period of consolidation. What will we choose? I’m not sure there is an easy answer. But I tell you one thing, if the government shuts down on Friday, we’re at war with Libya on Wednesday, unemployment numbers have risen in February, and gas is as high as Charlie Sheen, we gon’ have problems.

Life is good. God is good.

Got that tax return ready for investment into my retirement…

I’m going to need this flat screen TV when I don’t have to go to work everyday anymore, lol.

PS - You can check out my post today at Single Black Male, I Love Tracy McMillanh

3 comments:

TellyLongLegs said...

 "...gas is as high as Charlie Sheen, we gon’ have problems"
I thank God everyday that I have a hatchback. 

Anywho, I am unsure where I stand with this. As you mentioned, America is NOT in the position to start another war or dabble in another country's problems. It is not wise to do so and we should mind our business until it is absolutely necessary. However, this may be a little out there but I can't help but think about what happened to the Jews in the 1930s in Germany and Americans didn't want to get involved until the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Although things in Libya may not be as extreme just yet ( I don't know all the details) you never know what may happen.  If we didn't have the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think I would be more inclined to say we should help Libya. 

I'm so happy that I'm not the one making these types of decisions.
 
Btw, despite the fact that you don't have a lot of comments on this post, I enjoyed it. Good post.

Adonis said...

I enjoyed the reading... No further comments... But Dr. Jay I would give you that book deal by now... Keep it up...

Dr. J said...

Telly - I'm glad i'm not making those decisions too.

Theone - I'm trying, thank you.