Thursday, March 24, 2011

Morning Mail - 3.24.11

Jack Sparrow: The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can't. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you'll have to square with that some day. And me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy? So, can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?
(Source: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl)

Pusha T … everybody want they beat back. I got to Track #4, Money on My Mind and I immediately decided I’d rather listen to Lil’ Wayne’s Tha Carter II. This mixtape was trash. I wish he kept that ish. I know why Malice retired because he was tired of rapping with Pusha. Lil’ Wayne, Bun B, and Jay-Z want they beat back. Ye ain’t spit hard on that joint because he actually wants his beats back too.

Queen wants they beat back too.

Trash.


Pusha T, Fear of God only seeks to show us that No Ceilings just might be the greatest mixtape ever made. "Yo' beat ain't safe." - Dwayne Michael Carter. He took everyone's beat and made a better hit than they did.

When you got a lot of money what do you do, you waste money. You don’t hold on to $0.50, when you holding stacks. A lot of people would understand their whole life if they thought about things this way.

Don’t chase after shit that don’t want to be caught unless they owe you something.

I hate when there’s too much commotion in the office. It’s like, “Hey man, go do some work or something.” But why is it that when you tell someone to do their job and stop shucking and jiving they want to look at you like you’re in the wrong.

I have a date in mind for when I want to release my new eBook.

I spit Alcatrez bars, I know
And D-Boys are the only alphabet boys I know
Gotta 3-80 on my waist and Rambo at home
No more bandana on my dome, bandana in my right pocket
Bitch I'm grown, fuck what you on?
Now watch me stand on the world as I sit in a throne
And if I jump I'ma fly and look into the eagles eye
And see I am nothin' like you, why?
Bitch see, it gets me, how nothing gets me or get to me
And if you shootin' for the star then just shoot me
But your bullets don't reach Mars
Pause, clause because I'ma a beast, I'ma dog, I'ma getcha
My picture should be in the dictionary
Next to the definition of definition
Because repetition is the father of learnin'
And son I know you barrel burnin' but
(Source: Lil’ Wayne – Shoot Me Down)

Sending a prayer out for someone waiting on good news today.

Today is the last day until Sunday that I will be sober. There is a bachelor party this weekend and I intend on enjoying myself. But real talk, why did they ask for information for my lawyer and a phone number where someone can be relied upon to answer?

And I wrote that post, and it will post next Tuesday.

F.A.M.E. is a solid album. But it got me to thinking about this whole thing and Russell Simmons wrote an excellent piece on the topic, you can read it here. But, also I think about it this way the reason why Chris Brown dropped Graffiti so quick was because when he was going through problems in his personal life the best way to get past that is to throw yourself into your work. And moreover than that, to give people something else to talk about. Graffiti isn’t that bad of an album either.

I need to hit up Red Lady, so I’m out.

Life is good. God is good.

No comments: