Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Afternoon Mail - 7.20.11

Jean Rasczak: All right, let's sum up. This year in history, we talked about the failure of democracy. How the social scientists of the 21st Century brought our world to the brink of chaos. We talked about the veterans, how they took control and imposed the stability that has lasted for generations since. We talked about the rights and privileges between those who served in the armed forces and those who haven't, therefore called citizens and civilians.[to a student]
Jean Rasczak: You. Why are only citizens allowed to vote?
Student: It's a reward. Something the federation gives you for doing federal service.
Jean Rasczak: No. Something given has no basis in value. When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.
(Source: Starship Troopers)

Did you know that in Starship Troopers they have a shower scene that shows most of the main characters in the nude? Well interesting thing about that was Denise Richards was left out of that scene and people judged her for that. She was upset about that and vowed that in her next movie she would be nude. That was Wild Things. The scene actually didn’t call for Denise Richards to be nude in Wild Things, but she wanted to be since the public demanded to see those nips. Interesting right. More interesting is how long Neve Campbell held out on doing nudity in a movie. She finally did her first nudity in When Will I Be Loved in 2004. Years later. She said that she had values and didn’t want to be in a nudity scene, but in reality, it was because she just doesn’t look all that great naked. The public always wins these battles, several Hollywood actresses say they’ll never do a nude scene, they let it go though. If the money is right, everyone has a price.
I have decided to give up coffee for the week. A few reasons, I want to get my teeth whitened pretty soon. Nothing like some pearly whites for the public. And I don’t want to keep up with the stains. Although there is this new mouthwash that allegedly protects your teeth from coffee stains. But those got to be the worse.

I was watching Sex & the City last night and little known fact I’ve seen each one of those episodes. Sorry, one thanksgiving break just went horribly wrong and I ended up stuck in Cuse way too long in an apartment with a female friend, (I was not sleeping with her), and that’s all she had to watch. Anyway, that started it and I’ve seen all the episodes. I remember Aiden’s first episode and I remember my first reaction to him, “He is the antithesis of Big.” Yeah and I knew that wouldn’t work. I knew that Aiden never had a shot because it wasn’t really what Carrie was attracted to, it was the exact opposite. It sucks for him too. Men have to be careful that they aren’t the antithesis of the guy that the girl you’re dating really likes.

I’m starting to think that Lamar Odom is the grim reaper.

Currently the NBA and NFL lockout have not caused us to cancel any games. Until they start cancelling games I would recommend that we all calm down and stop worrying about it. I think that men just have gotten to a point where they don’t have anything else but sports. We do sports from August until June, you think we could take a couple months off and do something else with our spare time? I mean, isn’t there a pool party or cookout we could go to?
Have you ever sat down and did a budget for lunch or just food away from your house? How hard is it to stay on that budget? Man, I tell you. The thing that gets me the most is that sometimes you forget to eat breakfast or depending on what you have for dinner, you might need a bigger breakfast than just a breakfast bar. And whatever you do, don’t go to Whole Foods everyday for lunch that’s a recipe for disaster. You’ll have a bunch of paper bags you can recycle and green rubberband, but that food is expensive. And what is that smell in Whole Foods? It’s unique to only Whole Foods.
Ah, anyway, I’m out of here, new post tomorrow.
Life is good. God is good.
Never feel pressure to take off your shirt, but get it out the way before you end up having to do it in a compromising position.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I have no idea about this lock-out thingy but I guess youre right; its not that serious till they start canceling games.

Anyway, I'm so happy Carrie ended up with Mr. BIG. Such an unrealistic, perfect fairytale. *sigh*
:-)

I love the first movie! I can watch it over and over again.

Mrs.Brightside said...

Budgeting for food is a pain in the butt. If I plan enough meals for two weeks I'm usually good with sticking to a monthly budget. I also limit how often I buy prepared/ fast food knowing that in advanced is a major savings.

Adonis said...

I actually watched Sex & The City up until Season 4... And then it got tedious so I stopped watching...

I started watching because I was doing this program called "Deep Inner Game" & it was talking about psychological archetypes "The King/Queen, The Magician, The Warrior, & The Lover"

Each girl in SATC ebodied one of those archetypes (DR. J can you correctly guess which one is which)...?

& my job was to recognize how those archetypes interacted with each other & the men they are attracted to because of their archetype

NFL will be on this fall... The NBA will not...

Financial discipline & intelligence is a definite improvement I need to make