Monday, July 11, 2011

Morning Mail – 7.11.11

Sheeni Saunders: You got me expelled.
Nick Twisp and Francois Dillinger: I'm sorry, Sheeni.
Sheeni Saunders: Do you realize what life is like for me here? Do you have any idea?
Nick Twisp and Francois Dillinger: Sheeni, I've been alone my whole life. I know what it's like. Sheeni, I burned down Berkeley for you. I destroyed both of my parents' cars. And I've lied and manipulated and had you sedated, and I did all that so we wouldn't have to be alone anymore.
Sheeni Saunders: You're him, aren't you?
Nick Twisp and Francois Dillinger: I'm him?
Sheeni Saunders: You're my François. You're the one I've been looking for.
Nick Twisp and Francois Dillinger: Sheeni, I want what you want. I want to live all over the world and have adventures, but I'm not François. I'm the guy who saw you and fell in love with you and would do anything for you. That's who I am.
(Source: Youth In Revolt)

This movie was so hilarious to me. It goes to show you that a lot of women date men for the most asinine reasons on the planet. Do men really create personas just to impress women? Um… YEAH. Does it work? Um… YEAH.

I have struggled with this new working arrangement it makes it hard for me to get time to myself to drop a note here and there. So I spend most of my time outside of work, writing. Don’t get mad if my gchat is more sporadic in nature, for the foreseeable future it will be like this. Also keep in mind, I have issues with being so close up on people. I can’t stand to hear someone chewing or eating, when you are around them nonstop that’s part of the game. I can deal though, I’ve been doing this for some time now.

I had a great day on Friday.

Oh my god, the US beat Brazil, it is SO not that serious. It was the quarterfinals, not the championship. I think you want to get more excited about winning the actual World Cup than winning a quarterfinal match. That goes to show you some things about the way people think. That made me think back to when the Lakers lost in the conference semifinals to the Mavs, I was like that’s not the championship, it’s not that serious. A true champion only cares about the games that matter and those are the Finals.

Lil’ Wayne for the third time this year? Um… YEAH.

You never thought that you would hear a bunch of Black men complain about being locked out, usually they’re more concerned about being locked up. And also, who knew the day would come when you would have Black men complaining about not being able to go to work? That’s crazy. #endthalockout

Your family can ruin your relationship … amongst other things. However, people have to be very careful letting their family control their lives. Sometimes your family sabotages your relationships because they don’t want to lose you, and other times it’s just their overwhelming presence. I remember a few back when I told someone that they shouldn’t have to take care of their mother to the point that they didn’t have a chance to enjoy life. Your parents have lived, for them to rob you of your life is not fair. Not saying you have to let your parents just fade away, but you should keep that in mind. And if you mom happens to be bat shit crazy, keep her away from your significant other.

It’s bonus time.

Peel out in the Lamborghini!

Are you really mad he won’t give you the time of day if you know that he wasn’t going to wife you down anyway?

Life is good. God is good.

Alphas premieres tonight on Sci-Fi. “Impossible is what they do best.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And also, who knew the day would come when you would have Black men complaining about not being able to go to work? That’s crazy. #endthalockout"

You are dead wrong.

Lol.

Adonis said...

That is what happened to Jets when they beat the Pats last year... It is not the Superbowl...

Taking care of parents are not the wave...

Them guilt tripping you is even worse...

I had to get out from under that regime

jemie said...

"Your parents have lived, for them to rob you of your life is not fair. Not saying you have to let your parents just fade away, but you should keep that in mind. And if you mom happens to be bat shit crazy, keep her away from your significant other."

I wish someone would tell my cousin this. It's to the point whenever she gets serious about someone, they have all this negative stuff to say, even if they don't know him all that well.

Good post!