Monday, August 10, 2009

Morning Mail - 08.10.09

Nick: I just feel like she's messing with me.
Thom: Who are you talking about?
Nick: Right now, Norah. No, Tris. Tris.
Thom: You just haven't figured it out yet, have you.
Nick: What?
Thom: ...The big picture!
Nick: I guess not.
Thom: The Beatles.
Nick: What about them?
Thom: This.
[grabs Nick's hand]
Thom: Look, other bands, they want to make it about sex or pain, but you know, The Beatles, they had it all figured out, okay? "I Want to Hold Your Hand." The first single. It's effing brilliant, right?... That's what everybody wants, Nicky. They don't want a twenty-four-hour hump sesh, they don't want to be married to you for a hundred years. They just want to hold your hand.
[Gay couple passes holding hands and smiles at them]
Nick: I'm gonna stop right now.
(Source: Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist)

I had a moment of clarity somewhere in between leaving Spiked Sundays at around 6PM and this morning around 9AM, when this moment of clarity subsided. Some people just have to go. I’ve found that some people just always pull, just pull, just pull, just pull, pull, pull, pull at you and never really give anything. They give you $1 and act like that $1 is worth you giving them a million bucks. They can be dismissed.

Woke up this morning, watching the Today show, some highlights include:

I think that Kate Gosselin is full of crap and I wish her nothing but the worse. Like ever today on the Today show, I was just watching and looking at her demeanor and I was like, you are an evil woman. Plus, her husband is happy, she should find a way to be happy too. The whole reason why he left her is because she’s evil and never seems to be happy. She treats her children like she’s Joe Jackson.

This lady tried to kill her husband. What’s really funny is her denying it when they have her on tape talking to an undercover cop about the whole thing. That’s just simply hilarious to me. Her husband who was a convicted felon, but released, was totally surprised. Sheeeeeit. I refuse to believe you marry somebody and don’t know that their ass is crazy like that.

It’s going to be scorcher today and of course I have to be running around this city for crap all day. I need to stay hydrated, but hopefully, I’ll get home by 5PM.

On the elevator this morning, this fat lady walks on the elevator, there are already two people on there. She manages to some how graze us both on her entrance and turning around. Then she tries to get into her purse for something, it’s at this point that she’s clearly all over the two of us in the elevator, so I say, “Geez.” The other lady in the elevator starts laughing. The fat lady says, “Hmph.” So I reply, “I mean come on now.”

The Weekend was great, I will post a recap soon.

Lig and Gig.

2 comments:

Chaotically Calm said...

Hey Dr. J

I have to agree with you on the Kate chick. Granted I never watched the show so I don't know if she's Joe Jackson's white sister but I felt no real emotion from his during the interview this morning. Even when she cried (for like a nano second) it felt rehearsed and contrived. Not to mention that Meredith asked her what month her husband moved out of the house and she was like you know it was so much going on (like what you're huband moving out of the house) I really don't remember. Sure she doesn't remember...makes absolutely no sense to me. And can someone tell her that hairstyle is the worse.

Dr. J said...

Oh yeah, that hairstyle is so like southern trashy from like 2003. I need people to stop it with the excessive highlights. I'd rather you go Amber Rose before you do that.