Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dr. J's Epiphany

Yesterday, the reality of being single… I spent my day yesterday shopping for something ribbed, pause. LOL, no really, I was looking for ribbed socks, sweaters and shirts for the spring. I don’t know why, or what came over me, just suddenly I became infatuated with looking for the perfect items to upgrade my sock collection.

I’m getting ready to get metrosexual for a second so beware. The color of the year is Mimosa. So I was searching for things that had a hint of Mimosa in them. Also, everyone should be brightening up their wardrobe these days. My favorite color is gray because it describes me so well, however, colors like gray, brown, and the darkness just aren’t pimping anymore, pimpin’. Lastly, I think everyone can step their sock game up, it’s cheap and it’s attention to detail that matters in this world. I’m not saying go jump off the deep end with plaids and boxes and other types of “questionable” socks. But having a great sock game can really be the finishing touch. It should be noted that men’s hosiery is not what I’m talking about here. Cotton or wool socks that are patterned and feature colors, bright colors.

I had to make a stop in Dupont for a work errand and decided to stick around for lunch. Well, I decided to have lunch at Sam & Harry’s, one of my favorite restaurants. It’s a pretty expensive place, but I didn’t care because I was by myself. I thought about asking one of my friends to join me, but then I thought, nope, I want sea scallops and lobster bisque for lunch.

As I sat in Sam & Harry’s alone, it suddenly hit me, I really enjoy this lifestyle.

I spent the afternoon reviewing my favorite designers Spring, Summer and Fall collections and what they have showed at the recent Fashion Weeks. (In this order: Emanuel Ungaro, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Salvatore Ferragamo)

I really like this bag:
http://ferragamo.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod5880003&parentId=cat137&masterId=cat133&cmCat=cat000000cat102cat133cat137&index=5&tid=C9

And these shoes (Red is my second favorite color):
http://ferragamo.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod5900006&parentId=cat127&masterId=cat125&cmCat=cat000000cat102cat125cat127&index=0&tid=C9

I have been trying for the last hour to get this link to this Emanuel Ungaro suit and it won’t work, so just visit his website (
http://www.ungaro.com/) and look under the Men’s Collection – Spring/Summer 2009 at picture 39 of 40. I really like that suit.

I thought about what I wanted to do this weekend. I couldn’t really put my finger on a good plan for the weekend because I want to be careful not to go anywhere where I might feel the need to make a rash decision and like take someone with me or meet someone.

I’ll conclude with this funny chat interaction.

Girl: I’m thinking about practicing abstinence for Lent.
me: That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard.
Girl: Why do you say that? Would you stop talking to a girl because she wasn’t having sex?
me: I don’t mean to be an ass, but yes, probably. One year, my boy said he was giving up alcohol for Lent. I told him that’s too harsh, what about giving up liquor and you can still drink beer or wine. After thinking about that more I was like, why don’t we give up a type of liquor, like Jack Daniels. We settled on Jack Daniels because that’s my favorite alcohol of choice.
Girl: Hahaha, funny.
me: What if you gave up like a sex position?
Girl: LOL, like doggy-style?
me: Yeah…
Girl: That’s tough.
me: Yeah, now that’s a freaking sacrifice.
(Later that night)
me: Hey, you still up?
Girl: yea
me: Doggy-style won’t work, pick another position.
Girl: LOL.

No comments: