Friday, February 20, 2009

The Morning Mail

Quote of the Day:
Kathleen Kelly: Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void. (Source: You’ve got Mail)

The word of the year is, “Stealth.” Used in a sentence, “You don’t see me or know anything about me because I’m stealth.”

There’s something about college bars that I find attractive. Cheap drinks and people who genuinely want to have a good time. I feel like when you get all done up and ready to go out in your mid-20’s people go to the club to stand around and look at everyone else. At the same time they spend about $12 on a drink. I’ve always said it usually costs about $60 just to get in the club. $30 for a new shirt, $20 for cover, and $10 for Valet, and you ain’t even on yet. At a bar, it costs maybe $5 to get in, and you know what the drinks are $1. That’s what I call, “a good look.”

Most men wear wrinkle free shirts on Fridays. I can barely wake up, how the hell am I going to iron? Oddly enough, I cannot wait for happy hour to start.

Today at work I just had this strong feeling that I was going to be a single father. You know the problem with that line of thought? I wasn’t upset about it. I think I’d be balancing the scales to be a single father. I also thought about people I could have children with, not be romantically involved with and not be thoroughly upset with myself. Although some people may think that list has seven people on it, it’s really only two. How did I come up with this? I thought who would make a good mother and not be a hot ass mess as it pertained to the raising of the child.

Immediately after this epiphany I immediately started thinking about the weekend. It won’t be as good as last weekend, it just won’t be, but we must salvage it. Every time I listen to Jamie Foxx, Blame It, I have the strongest urge to want to go to Love. I’ll be honest, I kind of miss that place at times. Saturday, I know where I’m going to be. I’m going to be in Toxicated it’s the best club in DC.

I have two pieces of work to complete today. I cannot motivate myself to do either. I’ve walked to the water fountain at least ten times this morning.

Amare Stoudamire’s career is over. You heard it here first.

No comments: