Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Morning Mail

Priest: Don't be afraid, my son. No one is more powerful than God.
Calogero 'C' Anello: I don't know about that, father. Your guy may be bigger than my guy up there, but my guy is bigger than your guy down here.
Priest: Ya got a point.
(A Bronx Tale)


I was fortunate enough to see A Bronx Tale at the Warner Theater last night. Through my neck pain and all I really enjoyed it because the movie and play reminds me of my relationship with my father. Chazz Palminteri does a great job in a one-man show. It was a 90-minute show without an intermission because it was opening night and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. It reminds me of my father because in a lot of ways my father was adamant about me not wasting my talent on being a knucklehead. I also was scared shitless of my father for most of my life.

Pet Peeve Alert! Anytime someone tells you the name of the place you are meeting, unless there are several locations in the area, ask Google how to get there before you ask the person inviting you.

My neck is still in a great deal of pain. I have no clue what happened. I woke up, I stretched, I felt/heard a pop, and then an oozing feeling/sound. Today is 24 hours later and I’m still in excruciating discomfort. I’m trying Aleve today to fight the pain and hoping that it is better tomorrow.

If you do anything,
http://www.idatewhite.com, is hands down one of the best blogs on the internet, check it out. I find myself reading this blog and being in awe at the topics and even the comments. And my brief comment on this because I have plans to write a blog about this in the near future, Washington, DC as conservative as Capitol Hill may be, is one of the more liberal cities as it pertains interracial dating.

I can’t express enough that people should live by the golden rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I feel the need to restate this over and over because too many times people live by the credo, “you gotta do for yourself”. That’s just wrong. Yesterday at work we have a conversation about 9/11. Afterwards, Americans were never more pleasant and friendly than ever, we came together in our time of peril. Imagine if everyone was out for themselves and didn’t give a whoot about anyone else.

No comments: