Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Morning Mail - 2.23.11

Andrew Paxton: Three days ago, I loathed you. I used to dream about you getting hit by a cab. Then we had our little adventure up in Alaska and things started to changed. Things changed when we kissed. And when you told me about your tattoo. Even when you checked me out when we were naked. But I didn't realize any of this, until I was standing alone... in a barn... wifeless. Now, you could imagine my disappointment when it suddenly dawned on me that the woman I love is about to be kicked out of the country. So Margaret, marry me, because I'd like to date you.
(Source: The Proposal)

"Marry me, because i'd like to date you." How many people still go on dates with their significant other or spouse? I never want to lose that feeling of dating someone for as long as i'm with them. That's the type of motivation I want to have with them forever.


I love this movie. Not that I could see myself in that exact situation, but I don’t find dating older women to be that bad. The only thing that concerns me is that, well let me say it this way. If you’ve seen that movie then you’ve seen Sandra Bullock almost butterball naked. SHE LOOKS GOOD. And for that reason, if a woman really wants to stay on top of her health and not let it slip, well she can look like that at Sandra’s age. The problem is this she’s 20 years older than me. So that means when I’m 45 and she’s 65, it’s going to be harder for her to keep up. Welp, they say black don’t crack.

Good morning all. I have truly missed the Morning Mail. It was a hectic weekend and I have stories to share, but I wanted to let you know that I’m under the weather so this post is almost as hard as Jordan playing a NBA Finals game with the flu.

Carmelo Anthony is a New York Knick. Thankfully this saga is over.

When you realize that you’re just not like other people. I think that we go through stages in our lives. We go through a stage where we all want to be the same, and then a stage where we strive to be so different, then we go through another stage of wanting to conform, and then at a certain point in your development you start to notice that you are just different than other people.

I realized this because as much as I try to chill sometimes, when it comes to my friends and things I disagree about I just cannot stop being a complete over reactor. I have that Kanye outburst at least once a week. I’m from the thought that if you don’t get mad at some thing, then what will you get mad at. And some people just never want to get upset or lose their emotions so they choose ignorance or hide behind defense mechanisms like, “It’s not that serious.”

That’s how only 44% of Black people supported what Martin Luther King was doing, but 100% of them benefit from it now.

I feel bad for people who only friends on the internet. They be like very defensive of their friends on the internet and it’s funny. They also affirm themselves in things on the internet that people don’t really care about in real life. I think it should be clear to everyone that there is a big difference between your friends on twitter and the people you follow on twitter. Next time someone asks you why you looked at your phone and started laughing, be clear … “Oh it’s just someone I follow on Twitter.” You do not have 350 friends on Twitter, you probably don’t have 350 friends in real life.

What about those girls who made their fat friend pay more for the hotel room in Los Angeles this weekend?!

You ever had to send a text message to your family member or friend and it had one word in it?

Pray.

Life is good. God is good.

I think it’s better to overreact than underreact.

6 comments:

redlady821 said...

OK, you really let it rip with the grammar today, but I still enjoyed the post.

I still date my husband. Sometimes we can go a long while just being on our grind and then one day he will say, "Let's go to dinner", or "Meet me at El Castillo's." (One of my FAVORITE restaurants and he will have already ordered and have a drink ready when I arrive). Nothing wrong with dating your spouse. It's nice and it rekindles the flame.

Were you trying to say you feel bad for people who only have friends on the internet? Do some people really ONLY have friends on the internet? It's funny because I only follow like 20 something people on twitter, but we all interact and talk back and forth. So sometimes when someone makes me laugh and the person says, "who are you talking to" I don't say -- someone I follow on twitter, I say "a twitter friend" does that make it twisted?

Mrs.Brightside said...

LMAO My roommate hates my Kanye outbursts but better out than in I've been told. It like a purge of emotions. As much as you try to hold back they come out the best way they know how.

I feel really old. Anyone I talk to on the internet, outside of the blogs I comment on, I physically know. There are less than 30 of my nearly 1,000 facebook friends that I have not met in person and thats just becasue I ran for two student government positions in college and am part of a Greek letter organization.

I guess I'm now looking for an internet buddy.

Anna said...

Were you watching it last night too? Maybe? LoL

Dr. J said...

@RedLady - You know people do. There are some Rapunzel's in the world who just sit at home and tweet. How else do some people have 85K tweets?

@MrsBrightside - Glad to see there's another female who has the same outbursts as me!

@Lola - You better believe it. It was on right before the Lakers game.

Adonis said...

I’m under the weather so this post is almost as hard as Jordan playing a NBA Finals game with the flu.

Nice Jordan reference... How the eff do you drop 35+ point sick... WTF

When you realize that you’re just not like other people. I think that we go through stages in our lives. We go through a stage where we all want to be the same, and then a stage where we strive to be so different, then we go through another stage of wanting to conform, and then at a certain point in your development you start to notice that you are just different than other people.

I believe i have been through all four of those phases already, and will probably go through those stages again

Adonis said...

Coming from the research department it was 38 points