Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Morning Mail - 2.8.11

When you're truly in love you don't see the person's ethnic background or skin color. You see them for who they are.
(Source: Our Family Wedding)

Gus Portokalos: You know, the root of the word Miller is a Greek word. Miller come from the Greek word "milo," which is mean "apple," so there you go. As many of you know, our name, Portokalos, is come from the Greek word "portokali," which mean "orange." So, okay? Here tonight, we have, ah, apple and orange. We all different, but in the end, we all fruit.
(Source: My Big Fat Greek Wedding)

Rahul Chadha: I just fell from grace.
Saroj Rai: My darling, you have to be standing up in order to be able to fall. I mean, if you keep sitting on your ass, nothing's gonna happen. "Only brave warriors fall off their horses in battle. How can kneeling cowards know what a fall is?" Listen sweetheart, the main thing is, you have to fight the battle.

(Source: Monsoon Wedding)

When you haven’t spoken in a while it makes you wonder if you really miss a person, or remember why you haven’t spoken to begin with. In some ways you wonder if somehow they figured out that the time you weren’t talking was reason enough to say that you don’t need to talk anymore.

Refrain: How can you say you don’t want to be like your mother, always attached to some man? But you are always in a relationship.

I understand that there are some people who just aren’t able to be single, and it’s not because of the man, it’s because of themselves. There are those among us who have no conscious when single, (or in relationships), and the relationship enables those people to feel connected to something bigger than their own set of morals and values.

I grew up in Riggs Park, it’s a part of NE Washington, DC. The neighborhood is being leveled to make way for new condominiums and townhomes. It’s amazing because as they destroy all these old stores and apartment buildings with it goes the memories that I had from my youth. I told my mother that I’d probably try and buy something in that area. I’m sort of like swindling gentrification.

I know so many men who are married to women and hate them. They hate the way they nag them. Funniest story I heard the other day was a man who refuses to go home because his wife wants to have a baby and keeps hopping on him every chance she gets. I didn’t know that could be a problem until he explained it. She basically hops on him like 4-5 times a day. I was like, “that can cause chaffing, my dude.” She has taken all the love out of making love, now they just making. Then she don’t be dressing up no more, she just be naked. Moreover, they went to the doctor and his soldiers are just fine. Three years of trying and nothing adding up.

On the low I think she’s a nympho and still taking birth control. She just ain’t want to tell her husband that, so she made up this, “I’m trying to get pregnant” lie.

That would be crazy though right?

Do Black men ask their girlfriend’s father for her hand in marriage? Nope, they got to find the father first. Which brings me to my next point, if you’re going to marry outside of your race, make sure you know what their cultural traditions in marriage are.

In My Place, Yellow, The Scientist … in that order.

I don’t understand Metro. Here are my three biggest problems with metro: (1) People who stand up before the train stops, like seriously that’s not going to help you at all, like not in the least bit, it only make it more likely that you will fall, (2) The fact that one of my exes from high school catches the train a few stops ahead of me, I get the sense that she knows what time I get on the train and just gets on now, to get attention out of me, you know those people who think when you ignore them that you are giving them attention?, (3) People are so nosy on the train, they read your laptop screen, they read your text messages, and they are all over the paper you are reading.

Random story, one time this chick was on her iPhone texting about the sex she had just had before leaving for work. I was snooping but that shit was hilarious, because she was ugly as hell. I was just waiting for her to get up because I just knew that she had to have a nice body. “She ain’t really cute, but she got a nice body…” – Gucci Mane.

I think everyone should have a short list of people they wouldn’t mind having children with. Just to keep you grounded. I’m still undecided on the UNICEF idea, but trust me, I have a short list. If you don’t have that short list, you might mess around and get that jumpoff pregnant.

And the Lakers won last night.

Kobe!

Life is good. God is good.

4 comments:

max said...

What's the UNICEF idea?

Tunde said...

wow they are tearing down riggs road? by the time i move back home i won't recognize sh*t. man i used to hate riding the metro. green line everyday to l'enfant plaza. i never used to sit because i figure by the time the train got full i would have given up my seat to some woman.

D.M. Rossellini said...

2 Points:

1. I once read somewhere that when it comes to couples,a man engages in a relationship with a woman on the basis that she will not change, however a woman will engage in a relationship with a man based on the fact that she can [and will try her hardest] to change him. Interesting huh? Gotta let that one marinate...

But what is your opinion as to why men 'hate' their wives?

2. Trouble, A Rush of Blood to the Head, X & Y...in that order.

Marvie said...

Clocks may be very similar to Speed of Sound but you gotta throw it in there. Try Radiohead "VIDEOTAPE"