Tomorrow, I’ll post my second eBook, 17th and K Street. It’s going to be great, but it has taken a lot of time and effort over the past few weeks. I’m sure you’re going to enjoy it, I know that I enjoy it too. Make sure you come and download it, and tell others to download it too. The best that I can recommend is that you send the link so I can track the downloads, but if you just want to forward it along, hey that works fine too.
Henny & Blacks was the original name for the eBook. It’s a DC native kind of thing. We have an affinity for Black & Mild cigars. It is not uncommon for a guy to tell you, “I don’t smoke, but every now and then I smoke a Black or two.” It’s okay, women do that too. I know many people probably thought that Henny and Blacks, had to do with Black people, but lol, no it does not.
Many people like myself have gotten a B.W.I. and never even known it. Blogging While Intoxicated. If I’m watching some basketball or baseball, I’d like to have a nice brew. If I’m just kicking it and having a nightcap then it’s the Jack Daniels. However, for blogging, it’s Hennessy. There’s nothing better to inspire some of the greatest blogs ever written other than a few glasses of Henny.
My last eBook/mixtape, Free Ass Laundry was a compilation of old posts that many of you never read because you started reading Dr. J well after those posts went up. I can attach it again here if folks haven’t had the chance to read it. In fact, I’ll make sure to do that tomorrow. Henny & Blacks is supposed to be a more personal account of who I am today. I’m not like other bloggers, and while I’ll never fully explain my position as a writer, trust me there’s a method to the madness.
I never wanted to be a niche writer, but I never wanted everyone to love me. I think that the best artists have always been pleasantly inconsistent. I think that the best artists have never been afraid to show their faults, but also their great qualities. The greatest artists are passively humble. Yep, that’s right, passively humble. It may appear that I’ve got not a bone of humility in my body at times, but I am in fact more than humbled at the amount of people who actually take the time to read my writing. I’ve always just wanted to be real. Each time someone contacts me offline and says, “You’re right, but I’m not commenting on that today … you’re on your own.” This new piece of work is just that. It’s just me, it’s not like anyone else.
“I’m just a guy from DC who likes to talk shit and be heard.”
With all that said, here’s the tracklist:
17th & K Street
1. Introduction: 17th & K Street
2. When Did Blogging Become Like the Rap Game?
3. Camel Toes and Pantylines
4. Close My Tab
6. Your Pussy Isn’t All That
7. Have You Ever Wished for Ill Will?
8. 10 Good Reasons He Won’t Sleep With You
9. Sext Me
10. Why Men Love When You Keep Your Heels On For Sex
11. Dating Only Reminds You That You’re Single
12. Behind the Post: The much anticipated
13. Dating with Kids
14. Dating Women with Kids
15. Behind the Post: I don’t only talk about relationships
16. When Men Have A Falling Out
17. The Quan
18. My Email to Chris Brown
19. Behind the Post: An eBook that you’ll probably never read, but…
20. Loving You No More
21. Hate That You Love Me
22. I Know
23. Behind the Post: The Home Stretch
24. Special Thanks
25. Podcast: Wack Dudes and Bad Chicks
26. Podcast: How to Really Mess With Her Self-Esteem
27. Podcast: If I Could Ask Black Women To Do Me Five Solids
28. Playlist: The Mixtape
29. The Preview: A Night In Fantasy