Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Totally Freaked Out Part II

[I know you’re going to read this so whatever, I expect to get a text message in the next 3-4 hours.]

So I met this chick in ATL, on the way to ATL, whatever, yeah that really doesn’t matter. What matters is that she was 1) good looking, 2) mad cool to talk to, and 3) borderline almost perfect for what I needed at the time. Honestly, when Rick Ross says, “5’5”, slanted eyes, b*tch walk is MEAN” that is the best way to describe her. OK to the point, two things made me dead her: the fact that she had no middle ground, it was either the club or straight lounging, she couldn’t like chill. And also, the fact that she kept going back to ATL all the time like twice a month. And like the first time we hung out I noticed that she was in a hotel room with like 6 other girls. (Read: Women do not sleep on top of each other, if you get to a hotel room with six girls in it and there’s two beds, the plan was not for them to stay in the hotel room.) (Reread: Grimy. “And I’m supposed to pick a wife out this bunch.” – Midtown) So I was like, you know I bet she has a man in ATL. And once I got that hunch, I just backed off. This is called reading in between the lines.

[Now awaiting an accusatory text message.]

Anyway, I’ve decided that I’m not going to freak out when something seems too good to be true. Let me be clear, I’m no longer doing unhealthy anymore. And I’m dedicated to only being in situations with women deserving of a person like me. And to the women, who don’t deserve the men they have, good for them. #noshots. My natural reaction is that personally I don’t like when people become emotionally attached to me, and I really don’t like when I become emotionally attached I just dead the situation because I prefer to make decisions with my head.

But provided it is a healthy situation and the girl isn’t a dirtbag, I won’t crash the car. I promise… for now. I mean, I look at it this way. I could spend my time making knee jerk reactions and protecting myself from getting involved in something that could change my mind about life, or end up hurting me and causing me undue stress. But really, does anyone ever feel bad when they have someone who likes them and they like them too? Nah not really. I’m just saying, I think the auto-deading is weak. The reason why is because what if I dead something that could have been good for me. I mean, those opportunities are not limitless. And I wouldn’t want to get to the end of the road and realized I missed my exit.

So I guess we’ll see what happens now.

PS – Just so we are clear, I’m not freaking out. I’m just looking back on a situation that happened in the past and I’m realizing that I regret it. And saying to myself, I won’t do that again.

1 comment:

JEM said...

Well Dr. J there's not a whole lot I can add to this other than the fact I think you're doing a good job of not completely freaking out...

Anyways, I think we all...(meaning 20s-ish, successful and trying to make more moves) have had some unhealthy histories BUT I think we're all able to stop and say let me do the healthy thing (which is what I'm doing too-and you know what...it feels darned good)

So keep it up pal!

*sidenote*

I'm not getting a room with 6 chicks even if all I'm doing is showering darnit!)