Thursday, April 28, 2011

Morning Mail - 4.28.11

Joey: [Discussing at Meg's on the tornadoes they have seen so far] No, that was a good size twister. What was it, an F3?
Bill: Solid F2.
Melissa: See, now you have lost me again.
Bill: It's the Fujita scale. It measures a tornado's intensity by how much it eats.
Melissa: Eats?
Bill: Destroys.
Laurence: That one we encountered back there was a strong F2, possibly an F3.
Beltzer: Maybe we'll see some 4's.
Haynes: That would be sweet!
Bill: 4 is good. 4 will relocate your house very efficiently.
Melissa: Is there an F5?
[Everyone goes dead silent]
Melissa: What would that be like?
Jason 'Preacher' Rowe: The Finger of God.
Melissa: None of you has ever seen an F5?
Bill: ...Just one of us.
[Looks upstairs, indicating Jo]
(Source: Twister)


I’m sure by now most of you know that our country has been hit with a significant amount of tornadoes lately. If any of your loved ones are affected my prayers are with you and your family. This is tragic. These natural disasters that strike are reminders that we are not in control of destiny or fate. You may not believe in Him, or you may believe in Him, or you just might believe that nature is a god. Whatever you do, take to prayer and meditation for those people who have been affected.


My finger is still jammed. It’s been since Saturday. Partially the problem is that I can’t go a whole day without using the finger. Realistically speaking, I should probably not be on a computer for a few days to allow the thing to be fully immobilized. Well … a little pain hasn’t ever hurt anybody and since we are sure that it isn’t broken, we’re just waiting for the swelling to go down. The main problem is that after injuring the finger, instead of icing and sitting out of the football game, I proceeded to spend the next 4 hours playing football. So from the size it was then to now, it’s been a significant improvement.


A lot of weird stuff going down in my world, but I ain’t tripping. It’s only forcing me to put myself in a better position to succeed. And by my world I mean my physical world, like the actual world that exists away from the Internet. To be honest with everyone the story behind Childish Gambino really threw me for a loop. At the same time, working with folks from New York City and telling them how to seize the moment is frustrating. Instead, why am I not doing that? I also had a weird conversation about thinking I was underpaid with my firm. It was almost like they said, “Yeah, but what do you want us to do about it?” Now for the record, I don’t think I’m underpaid, I think I’m overpaid. But, I think a lot of that has to do with knowing how much I could possibly earn and not how much I actually need to live comfortably. We will see how that all pans out.


I just want the swelling to go down.


So yesterday, huh? Pretty wild on the internet. Let me say this much, if you’ve been following, I’ve always been outspoken. I was sitting there thinking of the bullshit excuse I gave everyone for why I took my wall down on Facebook a few years back, like maybe 2005, lol. I took that joint down before anyone ever suggested doing that. The real reason was because you know what, I don’t care what some people have to say about me, or my sh*t. If you don’t like it, then you don’t have to come to my site and wave your finger and say you don’t like it. Now I’m guilty of the type of person who puts something out there and I feel passionate about it, so I defend it passionately, shoot me. I have these “Kanye-esque” moments all the time. As I told a friend the other day, my team is just a bunch of negroes who sit around basically throwing whatever you put out there that doesn’t make sense back at you in the form of “Chill, you’re bugging.” I’ve gotten used to it meaning, hey you know what, let me think this over a little bit better. Now how do I do that? I make a choice on whether maybe I’m wrong, which is highly possible, or I’m not presenting it the right way, which is also possible. But I don’t tell my team, “You guys are rude.”


And I’m getting ready to get up out of here but check this out; I don’t really ask questions at the end of my posts a lot because I think it’s like jocking for comments. If you want to comment on my ish, then feel free, I appreciate all the comments. There have been times when I didn’t respond to readers who commented on my articles, people got upset about that and wanted me to respond to comments and be a part of the discussion. I have mixed feelings on that, but you know, I feel what my readers saying so I partake in the discussion. I can just as easily go back to not asking any questions and never responding to a single comment. I can have this, “My sh*t is fire” mentality and that I’m above ever responding to someone. I could do that.


But I guess I’m rude. That’s cool, I’m an asshole and misogynist too.


And you’re just a bird.


“She never really took the time out to get to know you.” – Anonymous


Life is good. God is good.


If you get paid on the 30th, that mean you get paid tomorrow. So enjoy happy hour tonight, it’s the 1st of the MONTH!!!


Cash your welfare check and come on…


#HandsWavingInTheAir

No comments: