Thursday, April 7, 2011

Morning Mail - 4.7.11

Walter Sparrow: There's no such thing as destiny. There are only different choices. Some choices are easy, some aren't. Those are the really important ones, the ones that define us as people.



Walter Sparrow: [telling soothing story to dog] Once upon a time there was a dog. Lived a life of terror, feared no one. Although his teeth were sharp, and his belly full, his heart was empty. He decided to go on a journey to a land far far away. But he came upon a wooden shack one day with a thin old man inside, and he invited him in. The dog was overjoyed, and that night warm smoke billowed from the chimney above. Oh, what odd smelling smoke this was. You see, the land was China, and in China they *eat* dogs. [roughly cinches the catchpole]
(Source: The Number 23)


Let’s talk about logic and philosophy.

I don’t believe in fate, I think that fate or destiny is the natural order of things when you wait around for everyone else to make a decision or action before you do. My father said to me, “If you can get him first, get him first.” I was talking to Max about this yesterday and said, “I don’t always agree with that because I’m not that dude.” I was more talking about how much I hate fighting. Call it the bitch in me, but that shit hurts. And even in my days of frat fights in bars and student unions of Upstate NY, the only good thing about the fight was having chicks take care of you after. BUT, that shit still hurts. Anyway, I began to think about my life and also my show Dexter where Jordan Chase says, “Take it now!” Will I be the type who sits around and believes, if it’s meant to be, it will be, or will I step up and make the decision. I don’t want to be subject to anyone else’s decisions and reacting to them.

So philosophy is basically an analysis of how humans fit into this mess we call, The World. When you factor in life, reality, spirituality, morals, and all that other junk, the human mind reacts a certain way. We by nature are always seeking out answers to explain why things happen too. Can you imagine if you were a simple organism? Like have you ever thought about if humans didn’t believe in a higher power or being moral individuals? That would be crazy right? But wouldn’t your life be so much easier if you only reacted to your instincts, instead of these predetermined expectations of how you should act.


For example, that person who fell down the escalator today because they were running for the train. (Because there will never be another train to come to the station.) In your mind, you want to laugh, but in reality, that wouldn’t be nice.

I had to put a Metro joke in there.

Eff the effing Lakers.


I missed jury duty yesterday. It was a complete accident.

Golf and Tennis are some of the weirdest sports in the world, but the experience of attending one of the events makes you understand how barbaric and uncultured people are at other events. Of course people drink and get wasted at tennis events, but they also don’t jeer and heckle like at NFL or NBA events.

I am so excited about baseball. I am actually a baseball guy that’s the sport that I enjoy the most. I grew up playing it and I enjoy every game that I go to. So I’m an avid Orioles fan, and I’m not afraid to admit it, but I like the Nationals too. I love the stadium, it’s truly one of the best ones I’ve ever been to. Best part about Nationals Park, free wifi … yeah, #winning.


My name is Jackson, today is Thursday which means, IT’S BONELESS WINGS NIGHT AT BUFFALO WILD WINGS!!!


Yeah, #winning


Life is good. God is good.

How many bloggers sit in front of their computers everyday and say?

Like a good neighbor State Farm is there … WITH A NEW POST!

3 comments:

redlady821 said...

My youngest sings that all the time and adds in stupid crap like "With a new hairline" to tease his friends. I dunno, you just made me think of that when you sang it.

Total randomness, I give it right back to ya! LOL.

SaneN85 said...

Picturing you (which I can do much better now) sitting front of the computer saying that is just hilarious.

For the record, I appreciate that you are a baseball fan. I don't hear about a lot of folks of color being into watching/following baseball. Playing? Sure, but watching is another thing altogether.

Anonymous said...

#everyday on the philosophy comment... I actually think, why do "I" have to want to figure it out? Can I just turn that off for a while? #iloveinsurancecommercials