Thursday, April 16, 2009

Morning Mail - 4.16.09

Harry Burns: You realize of course that we could never be friends.
Sally Albright: Why not?
Harry Burns: What I'm saying is - and this is not a come-on in any way, shape or form - is that men and women can't be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.
Sally Albright: That's not true. I have a number of men friends and there is no sex involved.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: No you don't.
Sally Albright: Yes I do.
Harry Burns: You only think you do.
Sally Albright: You say I'm having sex with these men without my knowledge?
Harry Burns: No, what I'm saying is they all WANT to have sex with you.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: They do not.
Harry Burns: Do too.
Sally Albright: How do you know?
Harry Burns: Because no man can be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He always wants to have sex with her.
Sally Albright: So, you're saying that a man can be friends with a woman he finds unattractive?
Harry Burns: No. You pretty much want to nail 'em too.
Sally Albright: What if THEY don't want to have sex with YOU?
Harry Burns: Doesn't matter because the sex thing is already out there so the friendship is ultimately doomed and that is the end of the story.
Sally Albright: Well, I guess we're not going to be friends then.
Harry Burns: I guess not.
Sally Albright: That's too bad. You were the only person I knew in New York.

Later in the movie…

Harry Burns: Would you like to have dinner?... Just friends.
Sally Albright: I thought you didn't believe men and women could be friends.
Harry Burns: When did I say that?
Sally Albright: On the ride to New York.
Harry Burns: No, no, no, I never said that... Yes, that's right, they can't be friends. Unless both of them are involved with other people, then they can... This is an amendment to the earlier rule. If the two people are in relationships, the pressure of possible involvement is lifted... That doesn't work either, because what happens then is, the person you're involved with can't understand why you need to be friends with the person you're just friends with. Like it means something is missing from the relationship and why do you have to go outside to get it? And when you say "No, no, no it's not true, nothing is missing from the relationship," the person you're involved with then accuses you of being secretly attracted to the person you're just friends with, which you probably are. I mean, come on, who the hell are we kidding, let's face it. Which brings us back to the earlier rule before the amendment, which is men and women can't be friends.

(Source: When Harry Met Sally)

Many of my boys seem to think Tahiry, Joe Budden’s fiancĂ©/girlfriend is the best thing since sliced bread. Call me a weirdo but was I the only person who noticed that her body isn’t that proportionate? I must say in my defense, I’m more attracted to nice legs, flat stomachs and a nice back.

A moment about the Kardashian family; Kim, Khloe and Courtney. Kim is the best all around. Khloe isn’t cute, but she has a donk. Courtney is the cutest, but has no donk. Marty-Mar said it best, Damn Gina.

It should be no secret if you know me that I think Persia White… is the BOMB.

So yes, Persia White can get it.

Mel B is a specimen, but am I the only one who thinks she ran game on Eddie. And you have to appreciate it when a man in the 21st Century says, “That baby ain’t mine” and then offers to take the paternity test.

Mel B can still get it.

Short Morning Mail, please check me out on SBM today at:
http://www.singleblackmale.net/2009/04/16/dont-stop-get-it-get-it/

No comments: